Project Hope Homeless Education
Project Hope provides assistance for children experiencing
homelessness in the New River Valley, and children living in local
shelters. For additional information, contact Aline Brinckman, Homeless
and Foster Care Liaison, at 540.382.5100 extension 1026 or e-mail
Project Hope Forms
- Caregiver's Authorization Form
- The Caregiver's Authorization is used whenever a student is living separate from their parent or guardian. The authorization allows the caregiver to make educational and medical decisions during the school time for school purposes. If the parent is not available to sign the form because they are unavailable for some reason such as medical incapacity or incarceration, have the caregiver fill out as much of the information as possible. If possible have the form notarized, especially if the Department of Social Services is involved.
- Student Referral to Project Hope
- If you would like to make a referral to Project Hope, used the form provided and fax it to 540-394-4449. A cover sheet is not necessary.
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- The Student Residency Questionnaire should be fill out be every new student registering. It should also be fill out at the beginning of the school year by every returning student. It should be filled out whenever a student changes addresses.
- Request for School Supplies
- School supplies may be requested from the NRV Regional Office of Project Hope at any time of the school year. If the supplies, including backpacks, are available, they will be delivered to the student's school. Fax the form to 540-394-4449.